Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionA passionate and inspiring collection of essays and articles on Palestine, the Arab world, and the role of the intellectual in Western society, by one of the most important cultural critics of our time. Spanning from 1968 to the present, The Politics of Dispossession tells the history of the Palestinian struggle.
- Author BiographyEdward Said was born in Jerusalem in 1935. In 1951 he attended a private preparatory high school in Massachusetts, America and he went on to study at Princeton University for his BA and at Yale for his MA and PhD. He became University Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Columbia University. Said was bestowed with numerous honorary doctorates from universities around the world and twice received Columbia's Trilling Award and the Wellek Prize of the American Comparative Literature Association. He is best known for describing and critiquing 'Orientalism' and his book on the subject was published in 1978. He died in 2003.
- Author(s)Edward W. Said
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/1995
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight361 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.