All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative guide to the complexities of ethnic conflict in terms of linguistics, territory, and ethnicity in various regions, The Politics of Ethnicity and National Identity argues that ethnicity, used as a tool both for oppression and for liberation, plays an influential and controversial role in constructive state-building. The contributors to this volume use various research methodologies to affirm that positive territorial identities often emerge from community-based organizations and groups. As an alternative to the derivative nationalist project that so far has only resulted in conditions for a soft state, this book examines the issue of whether ethnicity and community attachments are at the heart of civil conflict and war.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Santosh C. Saha received his Ph.D. in history from Kent State University. He has taught in colleges and universities in India, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Liberia, and is currently Professor of History at Mount Union College in Ohio. His most recent edited books are Perspectives on Contemporary Ethnic Conflict (2006) and Religious Fundamentalism in the Contemporary World (2004). His latest article on moral ethnicity in Africa has been published in a journal by Oxford University in the United Kingdom.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight280 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited bySantosh C. Saha
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.