Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionGovernment-by-proxy and intergovernmental relations profoundly affect the public administration of foster care. Using examples from foster care systems in the states of Delaware, Michigan, New York, and Rhode Island, Rebecca Padot eloquently combines a rigorous methodology and theory work to expose the conditions under which foster care outcomes can be improved. The cases selected suggest that the federal government has increased its focus on measuring the performance of state programs while simultaneously decreasing its funding of state foster care programs and offering the states very little management or mentorship. Padot turns the page and recommends administrators place a greater priority on building community partners, integrating the advice of mentors, providing leadership from public managers, and cultivating relationships with the federal government. An original and timely resource for scholars and practitioners, this book represents a significant contribution to our understanding of how leadership and management variables may be associated with more positive foster care practices and performance in the United States.
- Author BiographyRebecca H. Padot is a Non-Resident Senior Fellow at PRRUCS at the University of Pennsylvania. She has previously held the titles of Bradley Fellow, Earhart Fellow, Fox Distinguished Graduate Fellow, and Mumford Fellow.
- Author(s)Rebecca H. Padot
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2014
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Public Administration and Public Policy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.