Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMarginal income tax rates in advanced industrial countries have fallen dramatically since the mid-1980s, but level and progressivity of income taxation continue to differ strongly across countries. This study offers a new perspective on both observations. It blends theoretical inquiry with focused quantitative analysis and in-depth investigation of seven countries: Germany, Australia and New Zealand as well as Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. The study highlights the equity-efficiency tradeoffs that structure the politics of income taxation and analyses how income taxes are embedded in broader tax systems. It explains the limited but enduring importance of political parties and democratic institutions. Finally, the study paints a nuanced picture of the role of globalisation and thus also sheds lights on the pros and cons of tax coordination at the European and international levels.
- Author BiographySteffen Ganghof is Assistant Professor of Comparative Politics at the University of Mannheim. Previously he was Senior Research Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies in Cologne. His research focuses on comparative political institutions and political economy, and his articles have appeared or are forthcoming in scholarly journals such as the Australian Journal of Political Science, Comparative Political Studies, Global Social Policy, Party Politics and the Swiss Political Science Review, among others.
- Author(s)Steffen Ganghof
- PublisherECPR Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleECPR Monographs
- Place of PublicationColchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintECPR Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.