All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionPundits and commentators are constantly striving to understand the political behavior of Latis-the largest mirity in the United States and a key voting block. As Catherine E. Wilson makes clear in The Politics of Lati Faith, t only are Latis a religious community, but their religious institutions, in particular faith-based organizations, inform daily life and politics in Lati communities to a considerable degree. Timely and discerning, The Politics of Lati Faith is a unique scholarly work that addresses this increasingly powerful political force. As Wilson shows, Lati religious institutions, whether congregations or faith-based organizations, have long played a significant role in the often poor and urban communities where Latis live. Concentrating on urban areas in the South Bronx, Philadelphia, and Chicago, she provides a systematic look at the spiritual, social, and cultural influence Lati faith-based organizations have provided in American life. Wilson offers keen insight into how pivotal religious identity is in understanding Lati social and political involvement in the United States. She also shows the importance of understanding the theological underpinnings at work in these organizations in order to predict their political influences.
- Author BiographyCatherine E. Wilson is Assistant Professor in the Political Science Department and the Center for Liberal Education at Villanova University and Non-Profit Coordinator of the University's Masters of Public Administration Program.
- Author(s)Catherine E. Wilson
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width163 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.