All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn his book The Politics of Prevailing, Dr. Miller provides a real life chrology of how to survive the transformation of being an instructional leader to becoming a political broker. Clearly, the role and duty of the superintendent have been usurped by renegade school board members, teacher strikes, declining enrollment, school closings, civil rights issues, court interference, and the loss of basic subsidy. These changing trends have t adequately been addressed in graduate schools r in required in-service programs. Therefore, the seasoned superintendents with long tenure must fill the void by sharing their kwledge and experience. This is exactly what Dr. Miller provides in his book. A must reading for all vice and veteran administrators. Dr. Dennis Murray, Superintendent of the Altoona Area School Districts, Retired [1984-2013].</p> About The Author: </p> Dr. William N. Miller was selected Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators 2013 Superintendent of the Year. Previously, he received the Pennsylvania School Study Council's 2012 William Caldwell Excellence in Administration and Supervision Award, was hored as the 2007 PARSS Rural Educator of the Year, and was lauded in 2006 with the University Council of Education Excellence (UCEE) Educational Leadership Award. He earned his B.S. from Shippensburg University and Masters and Doctorate of Educational Administration in 1969 at The Pennsylvania State University after completing doctoral course work at Harvard, The University of Chicago, and New York University. He has served as Adjunct-Professor at the graduate level at Penn State's University Park campus and as Guest Lecturer at Saint Francis University. In addition, he has presented numerous statewide seminars on issues as diverse as educator sexual misconduct to the needs of gifted students. As Arld Hillman of Bright Futures Unlimited characterized him, Bill is an anachronism. In these days of carpetbag superintendents and quick change artists, Bill has been a stable influence in the Tyrone Area School District since 1971...He is someone that students and communities can rely upon...in this era of people devoted to destroying public education. </p>
- Author(s)William N Miller
- PublisherSunbury Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunbury Press, Inc.
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.