All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreak into the power circle and build relationships that advance careers The Politics of Promotion offers women the tools and guidance they need to successfully navigate the realities of their organization, emphasizing the need to understand office politics to get the promotions and recognition they deserve. Written by Bonnie Marcus, a professional coach who focuses on helping women advance their careers, this book demonstrates the impact of relationships and sponsorship on career trajectory. Readers will learn why excellence and achievement aren't propulsion eugh to get ahead, and how networking with power and intention can make all the difference in perception, reputation, and promotion. Far beyond the typical advice of be assertive and embrace ambition, this book provides a unique and proven method for becoming a bigger player in the workplace and avoiding unexpected trip-ups that can add years to the climb or end it for good. Many women focus on performance, thinking that good work garners promotion. Too often, they're left outside of the circles of power and influence where decisions are made that affect their careers. The Politics of Promotion provides a framework for breaking into that circle, and taking control of one's own career path, specifically showing how to: * Navigate office politics successfully * Build and nurture key relationships * Get comfortable with self-promotion * Avoid potentially disastrous blindsides Women who want to advance cant afford to view politics as dirty. It's the reality of the workplace, one that differs between organizations and fluctuates over time. Although being savvy about office politics is important for both genders, unconscious bias and stereotypes create special challenges for women. Learning to navigate these complex rules and customs is the key to professional recognition for women, fostering relationships that reach far beyond the next evaluation. Women looking to get ahead will find that the insights in The Politics of Promotion can help smooth the way.
- Author BiographyBONNIE MARCUS is founder and president of Women's Success Coaching, a company that assists professional women in successfully navigating the workplace and advancing their careers. Forbes.com honored Women's Success Coaching three years in a row as one of the Top 100 websites for Professional Women. Bonnie started her own corporate career at an entry-level position and worked her way up to the top of a national company. As an award-winning entrepreneur, a contributing writer for Forbes and Business Insider, and a much sought-after professional speaker, Bonnie shares her message globally. For more information, please visit www.politicsofpromotion.com.
- Author(s)Bonnie Marcus
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/04/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.