Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the challenge of pursuing justice and reconciliation in the Great Lakes region, one of the most politically volatile regions in Africa, with a specific focus on Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The experiences of these countries is assessed through the prism of 'the politics of transitional justice', and how it has either assisted or hampered the effectiveness of efforts to deal with the atrocities of the past. The book suggests that the failure of past interventions is due to the inability to collectively engage the violations in the individual countries which in effect form part of an inter-state regional conflict system. The book suggests that the implementation of the invative tion of 'regional reconciliation' is necessary to achieve the consolidation of peace in the Great Lakes region.
- Author BiographyProfessor Tim Murithi is Head of the IJR Justice and Reconciliation in Africa Programme and Extraordinary Professor of African Studies at the Centre for African Studies, University of the Free State. He previously worked at the United Nations Institute for Training and Research, Geneva; Institute for Security Studies, Addis Ababa; Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford; and Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town. He has served as an adviser to the African Union and United Nations Development Programme, and is author of three books and editor of five books. He recently edited the Routledge Handbook of Africa's International Relations.
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationHoughton
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Weight254 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byTimothy Murithi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.