All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionVisibility matters in contemporary societies; online, in the media and in the public eye. But who is seen and how? Are women still seen through a male gaze? This book explores the politics of looking and being looked at, and the relationship between actual and virtual worlds, for example in sport, art and cinema.
- Author BiographyKath Woodward is Professor of Sociology and Head of Department in the Sociology Department at the Open University, UK. Her interests bring together feminist theory, gender studies and sport. She is author of Boxing, Masculinity and Identity, Social Sciences: The Big Issues, Why Feminism Matters, Embodied Sporting Practices, and Sex, Power and the Games.
- Author(s)Kath Woodward
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/09/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleGenders and Sexualities in the Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight358 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.