All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionAll I have is a mobile home and a wife somewhere up in Dublin who despises me, and this strange feeling that I am on the brink of discovering the meaning of life ... John Devlin has lost all that he owned, and all that a lot of other people owned, through internet gambling. His once-celebrated financial genius has w made him torious. They are calling him the Ponzi Man. Waiting to stand trial for stealing his clients' money, he goes back to live in a caravan in a seaside resort in which he spent the summers of his childhood, where memories and living reminders of better times taunt him. John's young solicitor James tries to persuade him to embark on a programme of rehabilitation, to reduce his jail sentence. He is just a gambler, he insists, a gambler who ran out of time. But even with his trial less than a month away, he is contemplating one last big play. Richly insightful, deeply humorous, often poignant, The Ponzi Man skilfully reveals the inner-world of a man who kws every maddening thing about gambling, except how to give it up.
- Author BiographyDeclan Lynch began his writing career at the age of seventeen with Ireland's rock and roll magazine Hot Press and now writes for the Sunday Independent. He is the author of several works of fiction and non-fiction, including the acclaimed novel The Rooms.
- Author(s)Declan Lynch
- PublisherHachette Books Ireland
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight378 g
- Width152 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.