All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA conspiracy within the Vatican-to stop an outspoken popeIn 1938, Pope Pius XI was the world's most prominent critic of the Nazi party. To make his voice heard, Pius called upon an American Jesuit, John LaFarge, to write a papal encyclical-the Vatican's strongest decree-publicly condemning Hitler's murderous campaign.But conservative members in the Vatican like Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli toiled in secret to suppress the document from appearing. Pacelli, who would become Pope Pius XII, colluded with others to keep the finished encyclical from reaching the increasingly ill Pope.Peter Eisner, award-winning reporter and author of the critically acclaimed The Freedom Line, reports shocking new evidence (released only recently from Vatican archives) of this deceit. An astonishing tale of intrigue and sedition, The Pope's Last Crusade is a compelling journey into the heart of the Vatican. A truly essential work, it brings new light to one of the most critical junctures in modern history.
- Author(s)Peter Eisner
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvon Books
- Weight238 g
- Width134 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.