All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe Portable Hawthorne includes writings from each major stage in the career of Nathaniel Hawthorne: a number of his most intriguing early tales, all of The Scarlet Letter , excerpts from his three subsequently published romances - The House of Seven Gables , The Blithedale Romance , and The Marble Faun - as well as passages from his European journals and a sampling of his last, unfinished works. The editor's introduction and head tes trace the evolution of Hawthorne's writing over the course of his long career: from the tales, to their apotheosis in The Scarlet Letter , through his popular romances, to his private journals and frustrated attempts at ather romance. Readers looking for a critical vantage point from which to see Hawthorne whole - his artistic rise, triumph, and sad decline - can find it in this collection.
- Author BiographyNathaniel Hawthorne (1804-1864) was born in Salem, Massachusetts, and is best known today for his enigmatic tales and the novel The Scarlet Letter.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date05/01/2012
- Weight336 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.