All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionA single volume introduction to the rewned author of The Portrait of A Lady, Washington Square and The Wings of the Dove. This collection of seven of James's major tales, including The Turn of the Screw and Daisy Miller, is published here together with samples of his n fiction writing.
- Author BiographyHenry James was born in New York in 1843, the son of a prominent theologian and philosopher. He attended schools throughout America and Europe before beginning his writing career contributing short stories and reviews to American journals. He went on to write over 20 novels in addition to many short stories, plays and books of criticism in the course of his lifetime and was awarded the Order of Merit in 1916. John Auchard is a professor of English at the University of Maryland,College Park. Amongst his works on Henry James are Silence in Henry James: The Heritage of Symbolism and Decadence and the Penguin Classics edition of James's Italian Hours.
- Author(s)Henry James
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date11/06/2015
- Weight458 g
- Width188 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byJohn Auchard
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.