All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Portable Postmodernist, Arthur Asa Berger introduces key concepts written by postmodernism's leading theorists including Lyotard, Baudrillard, and Jameson. This collage of influential writing is followed by Berger's concise, accessible comments. Written for the newcomer, Berger's lucid explanations define the postmodernism's most elusive ideas. Organized in fifty segments, the book runs the gamut from postmodern architecture to feminism to punk music. Berger weaves these diverse topics together, exploring and challenging postmodernism's role in popular culture. This highly-readable book is essential reading for students and anyone interested in media, social, and cultural studies.
- Author BiographyArthur Asa Berger is professor emeritus at San Francisco State University.
- Author(s)Arthur Asa Berger
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/04/2003
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight231 g
- Width149 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.