Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionImagine a classroom in which children are deeply engrossed in learning, feel safe and cared for, and enjoy being in school. This essential classroom management text for new early childhood and elementary teachers provides practical strategies for setting up the learning environment, engaging children, and creating a positive classroom climate. Author Muriel Rand offers a multitude of hands-on, concrete techniques for working with young children from diverse backgrounds in all settings. Table of Contents: Introduction; PART I: Prevention; Chapter 1: Setting the Stage; Chapter 2: Building a Classroom Community; Chapter 3: Teaching Classroom Success Skills; Chapter 4: Engaging Children in Learning; Chapter 5: Developing Cultural Competence; PART II: Positive Behavior Interventions; Chapter 6: Guiding Children's Behavior; Chapter 7: Understanding Challenging Behavior; Chapter 8: Positive Behavior Support Planning; Chapter 9: Solving Common Behavior Challenges; PART III: Working with Others as a Professional Community; Chapter 10: Partnering with Families; Chapter 11: Collaborating in the Classroom; Chapter 12: Finding the Joy in Teaching; References. This comprehensive and user-friendly guide offers new teachers a step-by-step process for helping children with challenging behaviors. The Positive Classroom presents the best hope for preventing burut and finding joy in your teaching.
- Author BiographyMuriel K. Rand, is Professor of Early Childhood Education at New Jersey City University. She has spent 20 years working with preschool and elementary teachers in urban public schools. She began her career as a preschool teacher and has been preparing new teachers since 1995. She writes The Positive Classroom blog which focuses on classroom management strategies for teachers of young children: www.thepositiveclassroom.org/ Dr. Rand has published two books of teaching cases: Voices of Student Teachers: Cases from the Field (Merrill, 2003) and Giving it Some Thought: Cases for Early Childhood Practice (NAEYC, 2000). She is also a prolific and successful grant writer. She holds an Ed.D. and an M.S.W. degree from Rutgers University. She can be contacted at email@example.com .
- Author(s)Muriel K Rand
- PublisherPrinceton Square Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Square Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.