Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- Description'At last virtually everything that a postgraduate research degree student should need to kw in a single volume.' Ian Haines, member of the Executive Committee of the UK Council for Graduate Education, and former Director of the Graduate School, London Metropolitan University The Postgraduate's Companion is the most comprehensive, practical and accessible source of support and guidance for anyone contemplating starting, or already undertaking, their research degree. Hall and Longman's invaluable book is an essential reference resource for anyone doing postgraduate research or thinking of doing it. Leading experts in their fields address the fundamental questions of what a research degree involves; how to choose the best institution; secure an offer; and fund your research degree. For students who are currently working towards a research degree the book deals with the process thoroughly, including coverage of: - getting the most from the supervisory relationship; - planning and writing the thesis; - navigating and succeeding in research training; - learning to teach in HE and balancing teaching and research; - beating the blues and learning how to complete in good time; - and succeeding in the viva voce examination. The final section of the book covers what to do with a research degree once you have one. This includes identifying your skills; staying in academia; research outside academia; leaving research and academia; and starting your own business. The Postgraduate's Companion is a uniquely comprehensive guide for research students and supervisors. It covers all of the processes involved in doing a research degree - from setting out, to life beyond the research degree - providing an invaluable guide for all research students.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight1043 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byGerard Hall,Jo Longman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.