Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionBecause of the dearth of experimental animal models of psychiatric disorders, the study of the effect of the disease state is only possible in tissue derived from patients versus controls, especially in the target tissue of disease-related changes in the brain. The human postmortem brain offers the most appropriate experimental paradigm towards understanding the etiology of psychiatric disorders. The availability of post-mortem human samples from psychiatric patients and comparison groups in recent years has contributed prominently to the accumulating body of information leading to a better understanding of these disorders. This book summarizes this research approach and the meaningful data which has recently been acquired.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication30/11/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleNeurobiological Foundation of Aberrant Behavior S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight866 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byGalila Agam,Ian Paul Everall,R. H. Belmaker
- Introduction byE. Fuller Torrey, M.D.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.