Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of The Power of Diversity introduces the concept of Learning Styles and its contribution to the new learning revolution within education, business and sport. The book includes international case studies from schools that have adopted Learning Styles and discusses the results of these initiatives and the benefits for those institutions that have followed The Power of Diversity .Everyone has a unique style of learning, thinking and working. However, very few people learn or work in a way which is best for them. The Power of Diversity has been written to help people discover their preferred way of learning and in turn to help them to succeed in life.Designed as an easy-to-read workbook, The Power of Diversity introduces the concept of learning styles and explains the important part these play in the new learning revolution in education, business and sport. The book includes many examples from schools and educational institutions around the world that have developed Barbara Prashnig's work, and it discusses the results of their initiatives to incorporate diverse learning styles.The book has a unique 'suggestopedic' layout, with narrower columns of text for speed reading and left-hand page graphics as well as exercises to test readers' own learning styles, making it both highly accessible and fun to read. The Power of Diversity will appeal to educators, parents, students and trainers alike.
- Author BiographyBarbara Prashnig pioneered the introduction of the 'diversity concept' in education training in New Zealand and internationally and is now considered to be one of the world's foremost experts on style diversity. Through the organization she founded, the Creative Learning Company, she has made style assessment instruments available via the internet in seven different languages. Barbara has now worked for over 12 years as an educator and trainer, introducing her pioneering concept of learning and working styles into educational institutions and businesses throughout New Zealand and around the world. In this book, she presents her tried and tested findings and offers new ways of catering for the great diversity in students, helping teachers and parents alike.
- Author(s)Barbara Prashnig
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/05/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Continuum Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.