All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
About this product
- DescriptionImagine your advantage in negotiations, decision-making, and leadership if you could teach yourself to see, and evaluate, information that others overlook. The Power of Noticingprovides the blueprint for accomplishing precisely that. Max Bazerman, an expert in the field of applied behavioural psychology, draws on three decades of research and his experience instructing Harvard Business School MBAs and corporate executives to teach you how to tice and act on information that may t be immediately obvious. Drawing on a wealth of real-world examples, from the Challenger Space Shuttle disaster to Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme, Bazerman diagses what information went igred in these situations, and why. Using many of the same case studies and thought experiments designed in his executive MBA classes, he challenges readers to explore their cognitive blind spots, identify any salient details they are programmed to miss, and then take steps to ensure it won't happen again. While many bestselling business books have explained how susceptible to manipulation our irrational cognitive blind spots make us, Bazerman helps you avoid the habits that lead to poor decisions and ineffective leadership in the first place. His bookprovides a step-by-step guide to breaking bad habits and spotting the hidden details that will change your decision-making and leadership skills for the better, teaching you to: pay attention to what didn't happen; ackwledge self-interest; invent the third choice; and realize that what you see is t all there is. With The Power of Noticingat your side, you can learn how to tice what others miss, make better decisions, and lead more successfully.
- Author BiographyMax Bazerman is the codirector of the Center for Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School, the Straus Professor at the Harvard Business School, and the author of numerous books, including Negotiation Genius with Deepak Malhotra, Blind Spots with Ann E. Tenbrunsel, and Judgment in Managerial Decision Making with Don A. Moore. He has taught, advised companies, and consulted to governments in thirty countries. He is on numerous editorial boards. He received an honorary doctorate from the University of London, the Life Achievement Award from the Aspen Institute's Business and Society Program, and the Distinguished Educator Award from the Academy of Management, among many other awards.
- Author(s)Max H. Bazerman
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note6 b&w illus t-o
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.