All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.94
- AU $8.88Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.72
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.55
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.46
- AU $8.45Trending at AU $13.80
About this product
- DescriptionDon't simply accommodate families with young children - draw them in and make your library a destination! In this hands-on guide, an early childhood specialist, a designer, and an outreach librarian take you step-by-step through the process of designing an early learning space that fits your space limitations and budget. With a strong focus on making play spaces welcoming for parents, caregivers, and children while reducing stress for library staff, the authors:* Use current research to explain the importance of play in regard to early literacy and learning* Show how underutilized spaces of any size can be transformed into play spaces, with planning secrets for small, mid-size, and large play environments* Offer tips for reinventing reading oks as playscapes that encourage fun and play* Present models of successful early learning spaces from across the country, with illustrations and floor plans* Suggest ways to motivate adults to help young children develop a sense of discovery, energizing adults and children alike to pursue the lifelong enjoyment of learning* Include sample guidelines, surveys, and plans to help you adapt your play spaces to the needs of your community* Present a vendor list, tips for cleaning toys, worksheets, and other tools for pulling it all together, from engaging library staff and community partners to hiring architects and contractors With the help of this book, you can transform neglected spaces into joyful places that help parents inspire their children to learn.
- Author(s)Dorothy Stoltz,James Bradberry,Marisa Conner
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.