All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeil Anderson has travelled the world, speaking and teaching, and has written many books. At his side, at his back, has been his wife Joanne: they have been together for over 50 years. Now Joanne is gripped by a long decline, sinking gradually into agitated dementia. She depends on Neil's presence, calls him Daddy. He has training as a nurse, but w for long hours he sits at her bedside, and cares for her bodily needs. They do t speak much: conversation is a strain. So Neil has used the silent hours to pray, to spend time in God's presence, and to reflect on what this means. 'I have become keenly aware that God is using Joanne's illness to teach me about the power of presence,' he writes. 'I'm learning on a much deeper level the purpose of just being there, and what it means to be still and kw that He is God. There is an inexplicable peace that comes from kwing I don't have to 'do' in order to 'be' in God's will - to be in His presence - to be in each other's presence. 'It has been a peaceful time of reflection upon the presence of God, and how that has shaped me, our marriage, and ministry. My theology tells me that God is omnipresent, but we are t always aware of His presence, and yet without His presence we are t fully alive.'
- Author BiographyDr Neil Anderson was raised on a farm in Minnesota and served for four years in the US Navy. He then worked four years as an aerospace engineer before being called into full time ministry. He taught for ten years at Talbot School of Theology and was the chairman of the Practical Theology Department. He is the founder and now president emeritus of Freedom In Christ Ministries. He is the author of a number of top-selling books including Victory Over the Darkness and The Bondage Breaker.
- Author(s)Neil T. Anderson
- PublisherLion Hudson Plc
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMonarch Books
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.