All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis one-of-a-kind text explains why RTI is today's best approach for preventing reading difficulties--and how research on reading profiles can enhance the power of RTI. For practitioners, the book provides a complete, evidence-based blueprint for using RTI and reading profiles in tandem to plan effective core literacy instruction and help struggling readers in Grades K-6, whether they have disabilities or issues related to experience (e.g., ELLs, children from poverty backgrounds). For researchers and policymakers, the book describes ways to help ensure higher reading achievement for every student, including improvements in core reading instruction, use of RTI practices and the Common Core State Standards, and teacher preparation. READERS WILL* understand why RTI is the best approach for preventing reading difficulties--and why RTI should be used in identification of learning disabilities * learn how diverse reading problems can be understood in relation to poor reader profiles * discover how to make sound, research-based decisions about core reading curricula, interventions, and RTI practices such as universal screening * explore the most effective interventions for key components of reading and language * learn to identify and address word recognition difficulties, comprehension difficulties, and mixed reading problems involving both decoding and comprehension * clarify which skills and kwledge every teacher of reading should have * examine ways to better prepare educators to teach at-risk readers PRACTICAL MATERIALS: The case studies and practical examples cover a broad range of reading problems and help make the latest research findings applicable to everyday practice.
- Author BiographyLouise Spear-Swerling Ph.D.
- Author(s)Louise Spear-Swerling
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight454 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.