Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if we could tap into a power that can solve all of our problems, dissolve our fears and self-doubts, give our lives purpose and meaning and make our hearts sing? The Power, the Miracle & the Dream is a trilogy revolving around a brother and sister, Hannah and Harvey (or Jonathan) who, at the age of seven and ten respectively, find themselves on a transformational voyage of self-discovery. Hannah, in the first book, Hannah's Power, is a chronic sufferer of asthma, a seemingly mediocre student and a person of limited talents. Then she discovers she can access a power within her that offers to change her life for the better. In the second book, Harvey's Miracle, her brother Harvey observes some remarkable changes in Hannah and wants a piece of the action. But is he open and receptive eugh to take on board new and challenging ideas and face his greatest fears? Harvey is given a glimpse of the future in book three, Jonathan's Dream and the opportunity to compare the outcome of his choices. He discovers he has only two choices. But will he make the right one? Why A Beginner's Guide to Lasting Happiness ? Whatever our age, be it nine or ninety-nine, we have the ability to change the way we think and call on our hidden power to joyfully enrich our lives.
- Author BiographyDon De Lene who lives in Melbourne, Australia, was born in 1943. Although seemingly successful in his long career as a businessman, Don had been heavily burdened by feelings of insecurity, self-doubts and aloneness since an early age. As he grew older, he managed, with some success, to cover up these problems with a false facade of confidence, know-it-all-ness and approval seeking to enable him to bluff his way through career issues and personal relationships. Often managing to fool others, Don never really fooled himself and so he relentlessly sought relief from his sense of self-loathing in the pursuit of passing pleasures and addictions. However, these didn't work; they only provided fleeting moments of satisfaction and transitory happiness and added to his stockpile of self-doubts. In his late forties, he fell into deep depression. Two years of therapy did little to dispel his sense of worthlessness, hopelessness and lack of purpose. As a result, in 1992 his marriage collapsed dramatically. A few weeks prior to his marriage break up, a book with a curious title, A Course in Miracles (ACIM), entered his life. Don attempted to read the text of this transformational book and found it incomprehensible. Despite this, out of desperation, he then commenced the book's Workbook Lessons, even though he didn't really understand them either. Perhaps this was the catalyst for a God experience on the night his marriage disintegrated because, at the zenith of his shock, rage and despair, he cried out, in his hoplessness, God, help me! And He did. Immediately his rage and despair evaporated and he was enveloped in an indescribable blinding light. Profound feelings of peace and joy permeated his being, accompanied by an overwhelming sense of forgiveness. His thoughts of hate, revenge and retribution vanished and, for the first time in his life he experienced an overwhelming sense of unconditional love towards everyone. Not a bad turnaround for a professed atheist! Be that as it may, his ego made sure that his next 20 years weren't going to be all plain sailing and it was very much a case of one step forward and two steps back as he worked on undoing his self-defeating attitude of the past, with ACIM as his guide. Don's life now has purpose and direction. He always wanted to write, but didn't think he had anything to say. He's just published his first Self-Help book at the age of 68, is currently working on his next book and has ideas about more to follow.
- Author(s)Don De Lene
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.