All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can you increase the yield of your tomatoes? What's the most effective way to raise seedlings? Which fertilizer is best?Since its publication in 1989, The Practical Australian Gardener has become a classic and Peter Cundall one of the country's most trusted advisers. This is the complete garden guide, whether you're planting vegetables, ornamentals, house plants, home orchards, or landscaping a larger area. It tells you how to have a pest-free garden without using dangerous chemicals, and includes advice on keeping larger pests - such as dogs, cats and possums - out of your yard.With a week-by-week plan of action for the whole year, and with a revised index in this edition making it even easier to use, The Practical Australian Gardener is the only book you'll need for a healthy, flourishing garden.
- Author BiographyPeter Cundall was born in Manchester in 1927 and came to Australia in 1950. He has been gardening since he was a child, and worked for more than thirty years as a professional landscaper. After being awarded a Churchill Fellowship in 1974, he travelled the world studying landscaping, design and organic methods. He writes gardening columns for several newspapers and magazines, and since 1990 has been the presenter of ABC TV's popular Gardening Australia program. Peter Cundall lives on a self-sufficient property in Tasmania with his wife Tina. He has seven sons.
- Author(s)Peter Cundall
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight570 g
- Width177 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Cathy Larsen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementRe-issue
Most relevant reviews
- 2015.stevens23 Jun, 2014by
Best ever Gardenning book!
Peter Cundall's book is arguably the best Gardening book in my bookshelf. it's a no nonsense holistic approach to gardening which is simple in concept yet highly effective in execution. I hope I can meet and shake the Author's hand one day!
- cg131710 Dec, 2013by
Fantastic book with lots of very practical tips.
Fantastic book with lots of very practical tips. It has become my gardening bible! I love that the book is divided by time of year so that you know exactly what you should be doing in your garden week by week. As a complete beginner, the tips on soil, pests and companion planting have been invaluable. I've had pretty good results in my garden in just two months just using this book and google!
- renshioneday04 Apr, 2013by
awesome book for anybody into organics
what a magnificent book if you are into growing different vegetables together , this book tells you how to do it and when not to do it , what you can put in the soil after you have used it and why you cant grow certain vegetables in the same spot as you have just grown others ..good old peter cundall
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.58Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71