All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers: mixing paint, brush strokes, gouache, masking out, glazing, wet-into-wet, drybrush painting, stretching canvas, painting with knives, and light to dark. It is a complete, fully illustrated guide to three popular painting media, with 750 practical photographs, including detailed illustrations of all the techniques. Beginners can get started and achieve a level of competence almost immediately, and experienced painters will enjoy the challenge of the advanced projects. It includes over 20 intensive projects photographed step-by-step and accompanied by comprehensive instructions. Learning to paint using oils, acrylics and gouache requires training in specific painting skills. This practical guide is an ideal introduction to all three media for beginners, as well as including exercises and projects to challenge more experienced artists. The introduction details the materials and equipment necessary before demonstrating key techniques such as wet into wet with gouache, impasto and scumbling with acrylics, and glazing with oils. There then follows 20 beautiful painting projects ranging from landscapes and portraits to still lifes and abstract canvases. Step-by-step photographs guide you through every stage, enabling you to paint with confidence.
- Author BiographyIan Sidaway originally trained as a graphic designer and now works as a successful freelance artist. He is the author of many art technique books, including The Instant Artist, which won the Artist's Choice Art Instruction Book of the Year Award.
- Author(s)Ian Sidaway
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 750 photographs
- Weight635 g
- Width169 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.