All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionSprinkled in between the fly dressings and tying lessons are hundreds of illustrations drawn by longtime fishing guide Doug Stewart as well as personal stories and anecdotes. These are interesting and informative--each one containing an element of kwledge or instruction that will add to your fishing success. The book's purpose is to help you become a more complete angler, a better fly tier, and a more successful fly fisher. It covers all aspects of fly fishing: casting, proper equipment, tying flies, reading water, the feeding habits of fish, and the proper strategy for fishing a stretch of river. Also included in the book are traditional and historical flies along with a selection of Doug's favorite patterns. Dressings and instructions are also presented. Doug Stewart, a lifelong fly fisher, is also a fly-tying instructor and guide and a fly shop owner, and has written about fly-fishing for The Oregon Sportsman and Amato Publications. Doug spent many years teaching customers how to fly fish during the thirty-two years he owned Stewart's Fly Shop. I think I get more out of teaching someone, out of seeing them be successful or catch their first fish, than I do out of catching my own, Doug says.
- Author BiographyDoug Stewart, a lifelong fly fisher, is also a fly-tying instructor and guide and former fly shop owner, and has written about fly fishing for The Oregon Sportsman and Amato Publications.
- Author(s)Doug Stewart
- PublisherWestwinds Press
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitlePruett
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestwinds Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width192 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.