All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese days, more and more citizens dream of escaping the rat race and moving to pastoral provinces - such as can be found in the Welsh countryside. This accessible and captivating volume offers practical, straightforward advice to those actively pursuing that dream, citing the author's firsthand experience in buying and selling a smallholding in Wales. A pragmatic guide for the urban expatriate, or for anyone with an interest in the pitfalls and positives of packing it all up and downsizing for a life in the country, this book is a helpful compendium that includes a glossary of Welsh place names and their meanings, as well as an essential list of Welsh words and phrases.
- Author BiographyLiz Shankland is a journalist and broadcaster; she writes a weekly column, Down to Earth, in the Western Mail and is editor of Welsh Wildlife magazine; she also broadcasts for BBC and S4C.
- Author(s)Liz Shankland
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, ports.
- Weight476 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.