All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionThe Practical Handbook of Group Counseling is written mainly as a primer to be used in group work with children, adolescents, and parents. The first edition was used by over three hundred colleges and universities in the United States. Its unique design allows the reader to use it as a ready reference for practical information. It is presented as a text that can challenge the individual's ideas and upon which the counselor can develop techniques that will fit his/her personality and meet the needs of the group. The text was the first comprehensive practical book in this field. It is a synthesis of the various problems and successes that the counselor may encounter and offers one model that may be useful in resolving and/or enhancing some of these issues. The author utilizes the public school setting as the vehicle for presenting his material. Since the school is a cross section of the population, the model proposed here can be adapted to other social agencies that utilize group counseling techniques. The author, Dr. Sheldon D. Glass, has a significant background in group work and in child and adolescent development. He is uniquely qualified in this area because he has completed formal training in education, adult psychiatry, child psychiatry, and pediatrics.
- Author BiographySheldon D. Glass, M.Ed., M.D. is an assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He developed the first system-wide training program in Group Counseling for all Public School Counselors in the State of Maryland, including the Baltimore Public School System.
- Author(s)M. Ed. M.D. Sheldon D. Glass
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight741 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.