All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the complete practical woodworking book - a definitive reference guide for the beginner and the accomplished woodworking enthusiast alike. It is shown in 1200 photographs and diagrams, with clear and easy-to-follow instructions. It is packed with information including a guide to timber, directions on buying and using hand and power tools, and advice for setting up your workshop. It offers everything you need to kw is explained, such as the principles of ergomics, planning, design and construction. You can learn about fixings and fastenings, basic and advanced techniques, making joints and wood finishing. It features over 20 beautiful projects to develop your skills, including a storage chest, CD rack and bookcase. Wood is one of the oldest kwn natural resources and its universal appeal remains timeless. As every woodworker will testify, to work with this material is to understand its subtlety and to appreciate its amazing versatility. This comprehensive practical book demonstrates the basic techniques of woodworking, providing the foundation on which to build your skills and kwledge. It begins with an introduction to timber and a guide to tools. Essential advice on getting started is given, as well as in-depth guides to fixings and fastening, joints, and advanced woodworking techniques. There are also 20 step-by-step projects from basic tasks, such as a wine rack, picture frame or bookshelf, to complex ventures for experts, such as a bedside cabinet, butcher's block or dining table.
- Author BiographyStephen Corbett has had a successful career in professional woodworking design and construction for more than 20 years. A skilled craftsman, he not only makes beautiful furniture and wooden artefacts, but also plans home improvements, storage solutions and major design installations. Stephen contributes regularly to various woodworking magazines as a technical consultant.
- Author(s)Stephen Corbett
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1100 photographs
- Weight1275 g
- Width230 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.