All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionPractising Public Health: A Guide to Examinations and Workplace Application helps public health professionals in the UK and elsewhere to optimise their everyday public health practice. The book incorporates theory, skills, tips, and examples that illustrate communication skills, listening skills, information assimilation, and how to make appropriate public health judgements in given situations. It also provides comprehensive support for those taking the UK Membership of the Faculty of Public Health (MFPH) Objective Structured Public Health Examination (OSPHE). The book includes eight videos of genuine MFPH OSPHE scenarios that provide examples of what good (and t so good) performances look like. Viewers then score the candidates before reading the marks and feedback provided by experienced OSPHE examiners. A helpful 'Assessments' section includes further 'Do's and Don'ts' from previously successful OSPHE candidates. As well as assisting candidates preparing for professional exams, these exercises will help improve the necessary skill set required by all public health professionals. Each chapter is broken down into an introduction, an overview of relevant theory, and detail on how to apply the theory illustrated with real-world examples. A 'Further Reading' section at the end of each chapter links to useful additional information and the book's glossary provides examples of how to communicate technical terms in lay language. Follow this book on Twitter at @PractisingPH.
- Author BiographyEdited by Adam Briggs, Wellcome Trust research training fellow, University of Oxford; and honorary specialty registrar in public health, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK Paul Fisher, research fellow in public health, University of Birmingham, UK Rob Cooper, associate postgraduate dean and head of school of public health, Health Education England (West Midlands); and honorary senior clinical lecturer, University of Birmingham, UK
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note35 colour illustrations, 26 colour tables
- Weight476 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAdam D. M. Briggs,Paul A. Fisher,Rob F. Cooper
- Contained items statementContains Book and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.