All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>A practical, empowering guide to managing and reversing prediabetes through diet and exercise, from a registered dietitian.</b> Affecting 79 million Americans, prediabetes often develops into full-blown type 2 diabetes, one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Increasingly diagsed by doctors, prediabetes is a condition in which blood sugar levels are elevated, but t yet high eugh to be labeled diabetes. While diabetes cant be cured, prediabetes can be reversed, so it is critical to take action at an early stage. In straightforward, jargon-free language, <i>The Prediabetes Diet Plan </i>explains insulin resistance (the underlying cause of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes) and offers a comprehensive strategy of diet and lifestyle change, which has been proven more effective than medication. With sections on meal planning, grocery shopping, dining out, supplements, and exercise, this book empowers you to make healthier everyday choices that can effect real change on your insulin levels and overall well-being.
- Author BiographyHILLARY WRIGHT is a registered and licensed dietitian with more than two decades of experience counseling clients on diet and lifestyle change. She holds a bachelor s degree in human nutrition from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and a master s of education in health education from Boston University. Hillary is the director of nutrition counseling for the Domar Center for Mind/Body Health in Waltham, Massachusetts, where she specializes in diabetes prevention and women s health issues. She is the author of<i>The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.</i> She is also a nutrition writer, speaker, and consultant to industry and health-related organizations, including the nutrition logging system GoodMeasures.com, and has been quoted widely in national media. She holds a part-time position as a nutritionist for the Dana Farber CancerInstitute in Boston, counseling patients during cancer treatment as well as cancer survivors through the Adult Survivorship Clinic. Visit www.prediabetesdietbook.com.
- Author(s)Hillary Wright
- PublisherTen Speed Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.