All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Go-To Guide to Keep You Active and Healthy During Your Pregnancy and Beyond Whether you're a professional athlete or a dedicated weekend warrior, you're serious about your sport and your commitment to fitness. But w that you're pregnant, you may be getting conflicting health and exercise advice from your family, friends, and doctors. With all the concerns and misinformation, it's hard to kw where to turn for accurate, supportive guidance so you can have a safe, healthy pregnancy and maintain a high level of fitness. Now, in The Pregnant Athlete, triathlete/trainer mom Brandi Dion, fitness professional Steven Dion, and OB/GYN Joel Heller have teamed up to offer: * Practical information on how your body changes each month, and how to gauge your own limits* Flexible workout plans for strength, cardiovascular conditioning, agility, and balance for each stage of pregnancy and the postpartum period* Facts and tips about eating well to support pregnancy and fuel your workouts* The truth about old wives' tales and common pregnancy myths and misconceptions With expert advice and medical insights from an OB/GYN, useful information for the pregnant athlete's partner, and inspiring stories from other athletic moms-to-be, The Pregnant Athlete will help you stay happy, healthy, and in top form during your pregnancy and beyond.
- Author BiographyBrandi Dion, BS, NSCA-CPT, USAT Level 1 Coach, CrossFit L1, CrossFit Endurance L1, is an athlete, certified personal trainer, triathlon coach, and mother. She is a co-partner at B&S Fitness Programs with Steven Dion, EdD, CrossFit L1, a professor of health education and chair of the Sport and Movement Science Department at Salem State University. They live with their two children in Salem, Massachusetts. Joel Heller, MD, is an obstetrician-gynecologist and a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. His patients include marathon runners, triathletes, and fitness and Pilates instructors. Perry McIntosh is a freelance writer and fitness buff living in Salem, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Brandi Dion,Joel Heller,Perry McIntosh,Steven Dion
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication13/03/2014
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Content NoteB&W Exercise Photos throughout
- Weight414 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.