All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionAn increase in average life expectancy has given rise to a number of pressing health challenges for the 21st century. Age-related memory loss, whether due to a neurodegenerative condition such as Alzheimer's disease, or as a product of the rmal process of aging, is perhaps the most significant of the health problems of old age presently confronting our society. The Preservation of Memory explores n-invasive, empirically sound strategies that can be implemented to ensure long-lasting and effective retention of information. The chapters in this volume describe and evaluate both well-established and vel methods for improving and strengthening memory, for people with and without dementia. They also look at ways in which effective detection and care can be implemented, and describe empirical findings that can be translated into everyday practice. The contributors take a multidisciplinary approach, motivated by the desire to look beyond and across boundaries to find new areas of kwledge and new opportunities. The Preservation of Memory will be useful reading for students and researchers focusing upon memory, aging and dementia, and also for mental health practitioners, social workers, and carers of persons living with dementia or other memory impairments.
- Author BiographyDavide Bruno is Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Liverpool Hope University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 5 black & white halftones, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavide Bruno
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.