Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the process of acquiring foreign direct investment for infrastructure development and resource extraction projects in a less developed country, a trade representative of consular stature discovers an ocean of bureaucratic corruption and international fraud. The depth of the bureaucratic involvement thwarts all attempts by the consular officer to provide a safe haven for foreign investors. Faced with the reality of the situation and its macabre consequences for the less developed country s future development, the consular officer is forced into a moment of decision. Does he overlook what he has unearthed and continue to bask in the privileges afforded to his consular status, as it appears many of his peers and superiors have done? Or, does he uphold that to which he has been commissioned? The grandeur of authority and privilege weigh heavily against the burden of responsibility. Either choice ends his ability to continue the effectiveness of his commissioned status. The decision eventually topples the government of the less developed country and unseats over 85% of the elected officials.
- Author(s)Justice Hawk
- PublisherWriters Club Press
- Date of Publication13/11/2002
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWriters Club Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn,Sewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.