All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy is a life saved from a terrorist attack worth two saved from a natural disaster? Why are women more valuable than ever? Why do Americans tip when Europeans don't? And how can orange juice be used to predict the weather? The Price of Everything starts with a simple premise: behind every decision we make lies a price, whether we're buying a cup of coffee, taking a new job, or deciding to become a parent. Prices are the invisible thread that connect and explain our society, culture, ecomy, successes and failures. Revealing connections that are ingenious and unexpected, Eduardo Porter shows just how fundamental the price of things, work, happiness, faith, family and the future is - both to our everyday lives and to civilisation as we kw it.
- Author BiographyEduardo Porter writes about business and economics as a member of The New York Times' editorial board. He has also worked as a journalist in Mexico City, Tokyo, London, Sao Paolo, and Los Angeles. He was editor of the Brazilian Edition of America Economia and covered the Hispanic population in the United States for The Wall Street Journal. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Eduardo Porter
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindmill Books
- Weight216 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.