All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionHere the famous Thomistic theologian Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P. expounds upon the specific holiness of the priesthood and the supernatural fruitfulness of the priestly apostolate. Steeped in Sacred Scripture, St. Thomas Aquinas and other traditional sources, the author presents the classic Catholic traditions on the priestly vocation. Today, when many priests and seminarians have been led to believe that they must personally design their own particular priesthood to meet the needs of their flock, this book is of primary importance, to help them re-focus their priesthood on God, on eternal life and on the saving of souls. Any priest or seminarian who reads and digests The Priest In Union With Christ will realize that the priest is t meant to be merely a functionary of the Church or a fulfiller of the desires of his congregation, but rather that he has been called by God to the highest vocation on earth, to great personal sanctity and to a lofty, disciplined ministry to souls - all in union with the Great High Priest Himself, Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Author BiographyFather Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P., was born in 1877 and is held as one of the greatest Catholic theologians of the twentieth century. He focused his writings against the error of Modernism, which denied the objective truth of Divine revelation, as well as on apologetics, including philosophy. In total, he authored over five hundred books and articles, and wrote as a thorough Thomist. Among Father Garrigou-Lagrange s numerous works are <i>The Three Ages of the Interior Life</i>, <i>Christian Perfection and Contemplation</i>, <i>Christ the Savior</i>, and <i>God, His Existence and Nature</i>. He died in 1964.
- Author(s)O.P. Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange
- PublisherTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication05/06/2010
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationRockford, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books & Publishers Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.