All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionJustin Wright is a collector...of things and people. Nothing in his multi-billion dollar empire was more precious to him than his wife, Judy. And thing had ever threatened that empire...until the night he discovered Judy's dead body in the foyer of their Palos Verdes mansion. Sawyer Black is a retired LAPD homicide detective who w writes crime vels, some of which have been made into feature films. He leads an idyllic life in Palos Verdes and spends most evenings sipping brandy while petting fish in his koi pond and watching the sun melt into the Pacific. But his life, t unlike the lives of the characters in his vels, is t always what it seems. His marriage is in trouble, he's drinking too much...and his friend's wife has just been murdered. When Justin Wright becomes the prime suspect in his wife's murder, and his life and freedom hang in the balance, he turns to Sawyer for help. But Sawyer is t sure he can save his friend...until he saves himself.
- Author BiographyStephen Smoke is an accomplished novelist, screenwriter, musician, and businessman, Stephen Smoke successfully navigates the worlds of art and business. He is the author of 30 published books (20 novels), including Black Butterfly (HarperCollins), Pacific Coast Highway (HarperCollins), Pacific Blues (HarperCollins), and The Prince of Palos Verdes (White Lighthouse Books), Cathedral of the Senses, and I, Walt Whitman (summer 2012 release) under his own and other names. In 2011 he wrote and published the first novel with its own embedded soundtrack (Cathedral of the Senses; for the iPad). During the summer of 2012 Stephen will publish two other embedded soundtrack multimedia novels (Trick of the Light, which was originally published in 1989, and I, Walt Whitman). Besides becoming the first novelist to write and embed a soundtrack in his novel, Stephen will soon become the only author in the world to have published three embedded soundtrack, mulitimedia novels. He has also written and directed feature films, including Street Crimes (starring Dennis Farina) and Final Impact, and has written screenplays for others, including Magic Kid. He founded and published Mystery Magazine, and published the first online mystery magazine (Hamilton Caine's Mystery Digest, on CompuServe). Mr. Smoke is also a published songwriter, and recorded an album (in support of his novel, Trick of the Light) on which several well-known musicians, including Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member, Garth Hudson (the keyboard player in Bob Dylan's backup band, The Band), played on various tracks. He is also a member of ASCAP and regularly collects royalties for music he has written for feature films. He occasionally performs Storyteller Concerts, during which he plays songs from his books, explaining the context in which the songs were written and how they pertain to the novels.
- Author(s)Stephen Smoke
- PublisherWhite Lighthouse Books
- Date of Publication27/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhite Lighthouse Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.