All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a rumour going around that a twelve-year-old boy is going to enter the sixteen-year-old and under tennis group. How can someone so young ever hope to compete with kids much older and more experienced than him? This is ordinary kid: he is ne other than Ryoma Echizen, the Prince of Tennis! Ryoma's father was destined for greatness until he injured himself during a match, ending his career forever. His talent was passed on to his son, who is determined to be the best tennis player in the world. Can the prince gain the respect of his fellow team-mates despite his small size and young age? Find out in this intense sports manga!
- Author BiographyA member of the tennis club at school, Konomi submitted his work to Weekly Shonen Jump after graduation from university and was debuted in a special edition of the magazine in 1993 with TETSUJIN SEKAI ICHI KATAI OTOKO. In 1997, his COOL ~ RENTAL BODYGUARD manga was serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, followed by THE PRINCE OF TENNIS in 1992. Because of THE PRINCE OF TENNIS, the number of children in Japan who have taken up tennis as a sport has increased exponentially. An anime version of THE PRINCE OF TENNIS was created in 2001, and is still going strong.
- Author(s)Takeshi Konomi
- PublisherViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2004
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Series TitlePrince of Tennis
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight161 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Takeshi Konomi
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.