All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionThe Principal's Companion offers aspiring educational administrators situational exercises with the aim of improving their leadership and decision making skills. Utilizing five major sets of activities: 1) Creating the School, 2) Leading the School, 3) Preparing for Success, 4) In-basket Simulations, and 5) Case Studies, the authors introduce real life simulations as a practicum to learning and a practice field for implementing newly-acquired skills. Transferring theory to practice allows future educational leaders the opportunity to analyze situations in a school, synthesize overall operations of a school, and evaluate their leadership progression. The Principal's Companion serves as a tool for aspiring leaders to connect preparation to realities of school leadership.
- Author BiographyRoss Sherman, Ed.D., is department chairman and associate professor of educational administration at The University of Texas at Tyler. He is a graduate of the University of Houston and holds a masters and bachelors degree from Temple University. A former elementary teacher, assistant principal, and principal, Dr. Sherman regularly consults with school districts in the areas of developmental supervision and instructional improvement. Jason R. Mixon, Ed.D., is an assistant professor in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at The University of Texas at Tyler. He is a graduate of Sam Houston State University, holds a masters and bachelors degree from The University of Texas at Tyler, and is a former high school teacher, assistant principal, and principal. Dr. Mixon regularly consults with school districts in the areas of high school reform, high school restructuring, and high school drop-out prevention.
- Author(s)Jason R. Mixon,Ross Sherman
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Foreword byTheodore Creighton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.