All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAfter-school programmes are popular with parents and the community, but are a lot of extra work for headteachers and the staff involved. This book will provide headteachers and administrators with the guidance they need to build a successful and sustainable after-school programme. Based on a national study conducted by the author, this hands-on resource will take educational leaders through the step-by-step process, focusing in particular on the many bureaucratic barriers that can hamper teachers efforts. The author addresses all the important issues an administrator is likely to face while setting up an after-school programme, including hiring, funding grants, facilities, volunteers, programme evaluation, collecting and analyzing data, and building support amongst various constituencies.
- Author BiographyAnne Turnbaugh Lockwood, is Senior Program Advisor in the Office of Planning and Service Coordination at the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory in Portland, Oregon. A policy analyst, she has worked in settings that range from the Wisconsin Center for Education Research at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, her own consulting business, the American Association of School Administrators in Washington, D.C., and the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory in Portland, OR. She is the author of seven books and over 100 articles on a wide variety of educational issues. Lockwood is a recipient of the Interpretive Scholarship Award of the American Educational Research Association, given for writing that connects research to practice. She has been an Honorary Fellow in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction and in the Wisconsin Center for Education Research, both at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She holds a PhD in Educational Psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Author(s)Anne Turnbaugh Lockwood
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.