All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Principles of Housing is an engaging and discursive introduction to the key topics within housing studies. Whereas many books get bogged down in country-specific policy or small invations, this book argues that the fundamental concepts of what we call housing are relatively stable and unchangeable. By focusing on universal principles, the book provides an introduction to housing that can be used by students world-wide. The book consists of a series of short chapters relating to the key issues of housing, such as borrowing, choice, finance, government, need, reform and welfare. Each chapter is designed to be a starting point for a wider conversation, with discussion questions and a number of think pieces and international case studies to help students connect these general principles to their own surroundings. Written by rewned housing expert Peter King, The Principles of Housing succeeds in being accessible and engaging without shying away from the complexities of housing issues. The book will be invaluable to students on housing-related courses across finance, real estate, planning, development, politics and sociology subjects. The book would also be useful to housing professionals and policy makers aiming to expand their understanding of housing issues.
- Author BiographyPeter King has 25 years' experience of teaching housing issues and is the author of 18 books. He is currently a Reader in Social Thought at De Montfort University, UK
- Author(s)Peter King
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.