All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Prints of Wilhelmina Barns-Graham: A Complete Catalogue is the first book to provide a complete account of the printmaking career of British artist Wilhelmina Barns-Graham (1912-2004), with particular reference to the technical invations that she pioneered while working in association with master printers. Barns-Graham experimented with a variety of printmaking techniques, finally discovering her ideal means of expression in screenprinting. Through partnerships with invative printmakers, she experimented with new techniques and materials that allowed her to create prints which, in their intensity of colour and precision of design, have the quality almost of paintings. Based on new research, and drawing on information contained in her numerous diaries, The Prints of Wilhelmina Barns-Graham incorporates a complete illustrated catalogue of all of the artist's kwn work in etching, licut, lithography, screenprinting and motype, from 1946 to 2007. It considers her work in relation to that of other British artists, especially those connected with the St Ives school, and examines her prints in relation to her works in other media, in particular her paintings. This book will prove an invaluable resource for museum curators, students of British art and twentieth-century abstraction, and all those seeking to learn more about this aspect of the career of one of Britain's most important artists of the late 20th-century.
- Author BiographyAnn V. Gunn is currently Lecturer in Museum and Gallery Studies in the School of Art History at the University of St Andrews and manager of the Museums, Galleries and Collections Institute (MGCI). Her publications include studies on 18th and 19th century British art and issues in museology.
- Author(s)Ms. Ann V. Gunn
- PublisherLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 130 colour and 20 b&w illustrations
- Weight957 g
- Width220 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.