The Pritikin Edge: 10 Essential Ingredients for a Long and Delicious Life by Paul Tager Lehr, Dr Robert A Vogel (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWe Americans may reside in the greatest nation on earth, but our lifestyle is killing us. Onequarter of us still smoke, two-thirds of us are fat, three-quarters of us don't exercise, and stress and depression are ubiquitous. We wolf down oversize portions of fast food in minutes and boast of t having taken a vacation in years. We get misinformation like olive oil is healthy but then get fatter because drizzling three tablespoons of oil on a salad adds as many calories as two scoops of premium ice cream. Despite all our advances in drugs and surgery, obesity and the diseases it causes have shortened life expectancy; this is the first time in history that children can expect to die younger than their parents. The Pritikin Program was the first comprehensive lifestyle program in America, and after fifty years on the cutting edge of lifestyle science, it is still the longest-running, most successful program for reversing many of modern society's diseases, including obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. What sets Pritikin apart from the myriad of other diets is that its program is based on real science. Pritikin doesn't make random claims or base advice on half-truths or fads; Pritikin's effectiveness has been proven and documented in more than 110 scientific studies. You've picked up this book because you want to change your lifestyle, improve your health, and live longer, and with the program in these pages, you can start reversing the effects of years of unhealthy living today. Here you'll find the ten simple lifestyle ingredients that will change your life. Stick with them and you'll lose weight without feeling hungry, your energy will surge, and you will look and feel healthier and stronger than you have in years. Included are more than 75 recipes for flavorful and healthful dishes, detailed meal plans, and tips for dining out healthfully and happily. You'll learn what kinds of physical activities are most effective and how to make the most of your time on the road or in the gym. You'll get sets of simple exercises you can do anywhere that will make you strong, help you shed fat, and keep you toned. The real science of lifestyle and heart health, from fat molecules to heart attacks, is described in accessible terms, and popular diet myths are debunked. You'll find out why lowcarbohydrate or other fad diets won't help you lose weight in the long run and why they won't improve your overall health. <i>The Pritikin Edge</i> gives you the real facts so you can take control of your health and add years to your life and quality to your years. Once you begin living with these principles, you'll wonder how you ever lived any other way.
- Author(s)Dr Robert A Vogel,Paul Tager Lehr
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.