All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on participation of the public and private sectors in urban water management and on the role of water pricing. It discusses in-depth topics such as public choices of urban water service management; dynamics of privatization and regulation of water services; adoption of water demand instruments; impacts of price and n-price policies on residential water demand; quality of water services; lessons from t-for-profit public-private partnerships; and critical examinations of models and projections of demands in water utility resource planning in England and Wales. Appropriateness of water prices and tariffs in achieving socially desirable outcomes is also analyzed and a global survey of urban water tariffs is approached with a focus on sustainability, efficiency and fairness. This book was originally published as a special issue of the International Journal of Water Resources Management.
- Author BiographyCecilia Tortajada is the President of the Third World Centre for Water Management, Mexico. Francisco Gonzalez-Gomez is Professor at the Department of Applied Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, and Researcher at the Institute of Water Research, University of Granada, Spain. Asit K. Biswas is a Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore. Miguel A. Garcia-Rubio is Associate Professor at the Department of Applied Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics, and Researcher at the Institute of Water Research, University of Granada, Spain.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAsit K. Biswas,Cecilia Tortajada,Francisco Gonzalez-Gomez,Miguel A. Garcia-Rubio
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.44Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.