The Probability and Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences by Jay L. Devore (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $289.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $242.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionPut statistical theories into practice with PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS FOR ENGINEERING AND THE SCIENCES, 9th Edition. Always a market favorite, this calculus-based book offers a comprehensive introduction to probability and statistics while demonstrating how to apply concepts, models, and methodologies in today's engineering and scientific workplaces. Jay Devore, an award-winning professor and internationally recognized author and statistician, stresses lively examples and engineering activities to drive home the numbers without exhaustive mathematical development and derivations. Many examples, practice problems, sample tests, and simulations based on real data and issues help you build a more intuitive connection to the material. A proven and accurate book, PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS FOR ENGINEERING AND THE SCIENCES, 9th Edition also includes graphics and screen shots from SAS(R), MINITAB(R), and Java(TM) Applets to give you a solid perspective of statistics in action.
- Author BiographyJay Devore is Professor Emeritus of Statistics at California Polytechnic State University. He earned his undergraduate degree in Engineering Science from the University of California at Berkeley, spent a year at the University of Sheffield in England, and finished his Ph.D. in statistics at Stanford University. Jay previously taught at the University of Florida and at Oberlin College and has had visiting appointments at Stanford, Harvard, the University of Washington, New York University, and Columbia University. From 1998 to 2006, he served as Chair of the Statistics Department. In addition to this book, Jay has written several widely used engineering statistics texts and a book in applied mathematical statistics. He recently coauthored a text in probability and stochastic processes. He is the recipient of a distinguished teaching award from Cal Poly, is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association , and has served several terms as an Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Statistical Association. In his spare time, he enjoys reading, cooking and eating good food, tennis, and travel to faraway places. He is especially proud of his wife, Carol, a retired elementary school teacher, his daughter Allison, who has held several high-level positions in nonprofit organizations in Boston and New York City, and his daughter Teresa, an ESL teacher in New York City.
- Author(s)Jay L. Devore
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1542 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.