All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionCan consciousness be fitted into a naturalistic worldview or is it inherently mysterious? In virtue of what does a physical organism come to have an inner conscious life? This book argues that we are t equipped to understand the workings of conciousness, despite its objective naturalness. Introspection does t reveal the hiddent structure of consciousness and it is this that joins experience to the material world.
- Author BiographyColin McGinn was formerly Wilde Reader in Mental Philosophy, Oxford University. He is the author of The Character of Mind (1981), The Subjective View (1982), Wittgenstein on Meaning (Blackwell, 1984) and Mental Content (Blackwell, 1989).
- Author(s)Colin McGinn
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/1992
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.