Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionBased upon analysis of existing theoretical literature and current political practice, this book addresses both the use of marketing and its impact upon democracy.Markets are longer simply the mechanisms which governments regulate, but are w the arena in which all political activity is undertaken. We are seeing unprecedented levels of marketing strategies and thinking informing political behaviour, which is fundamentally reshaping politics. Heather Savigny provides a critical evaluation of the way in which contemporary politics is being recast as a marketing exercise and shows how this both subverts democracy and disconnects the public from the political process.This invative book provides an in-depth examination and comprehensive critique of the contemporary use of marketing in British politics. The Problem of Political Marketing is essential reading for students and practitioners who are concerned with election campaign practices and the state of contemporary democracy.
- Author BiographyDr. Heather Savigny is Lecturer in Politics at the University of East Anglia
- Author(s)Heather Savigny
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.