CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Progressions of Classical Ballet Technique is intended for a higher level of student altogether and, in fact, should only be used by the more advanced student. This book picks up where The Foundations of Classical Ballet Technique left off, so where, for example, you would find a single pirouette in the first book, this develops into a double pirouette, an embellished pirouette, or a more complex turn like fouette rond de jambe en tournant. Students w start to learn all the glorious, fun steps - this is really dancing: sauts de basque, gargouillades, temps de poisson, renverses, flic-flacs, etc. All of these steps are taken to pieces and dissected so that the students kw precisely what they are trying to achieve. Once the technique has been mastered, the students will begin to find their own way of feeling the steps through the movement and the music. As Tamara Karsavina once said, Remember that the mechanism of the dance becomes artistry only when it is inspired by feeling . The Progressions of Classical Ballet Technique is an important, invaluable book that will help and inspire every advanced teacher, examiner and student. It is a perfect companion to The Foundations of Classical Ballet Technique.
- PublisherRoyal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Edited byRoyal Academy of Dancing
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.