All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe nature and function of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) are uncertain w that the alliance has accomplished its primary objective of defending Western Europe from the perceived Soviet threat. Despite uncertainty about NATO's role in the post-Cold War world, its political and military leaders agree that it can continue to play a vital part in enhancing European security and maintaining international stability. This superb analysis explores the evolving functions and future directions of this unique organization, paying particular attention to the political cultures and goals of its member states. The Promise of Alliance is important reading for students and scholars of international relations, foreign affairs, and political theory.
- Author BiographyIan Q. R. Thomas received his Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge in 1995. He holds degrees from the University of Stockholm and Amherst College.
- Author(s)Ian Q.R. Thomas
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.