All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarcia is sixteen, overweight and unhappy. One day, as she's walking down a Bues Aires street, she hears a shout: 'Wannafuck?' Startled, she turns round and is confronted by two punk girls Lenin and Mao. Soon, she's beguiled by them and the possibilities they open up. But the two have little time for a philosophical discussion of love: they need proof, and with their own savage logic the duo, calling themselves the Commando of Love, hold up a supermarket as the vel climaxes in an unforgettable splatter-fest finale.
- Author BiographyCesar Aira is the author of around 80 books. The Argentinian's writing is considered to be among the most important and influential in Latin America today, marked by extreme eccentricity and innovation, and a playful spirit. He is without a doubt the true heir to Jorge Luis Borges' literature of ideas.
- PrizesWinner of Man Booker International Prize 2016. Shortlisted for Man Booker International Prize 2015.
- Author(s)Cesar Aira
- PublisherAnd Other Stories
- Date of Publication06/04/2017
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHigh Wycombe
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnd Other Stories
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Translated byNick Caistor
- Format DetailsWith flaps,B-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.